Cross Sections Database
This page allows for the creation of cross section properties to be used in the calculators on this site. You can create new cross sections from scratch, or copy existing cross sections from the database.
Your Cross Sections
- Create new cross sections by clicking the "(new)" row in the table and filling out the text boxes below.
- Edit cross sections by selecting from the list and updating the text boxes below.
- Import cross sections from our database on the next tab.
Enter the inputs specific to a rectangular cross section:
Enter the inputs specific to a rectangular tube cross section:
Enter the inputs specific to a circular cross section:
Enter the inputs specific to a circular tube cross section:
Enter the inputs specific to an I-Beam cross section:
Enter the inputs specific to a T-Beam cross section:
Enter the inputs specific to an Channel cross section:
Enter the inputs specific to an Angle cross section:
Custom Cross Section
Enter the inputs for a custom cross section:
Cross Section Database
- Search the database using the form below.
- Copy to your cross sections by selecting an item from the list and clicking the "Copy" button at the bottom.
The calculators on this site can be used for free on a limited basis, but to obtain full use of the calculators you must sign up for an account. By subscribing to MechaniCalc, you will receive the following benefits:
- Unrestricted access to all calculators and other content on this site
- Ability to create new materials and cross sections for use in the calculators
- Ability to save input files so that you never lose your work
- Ability to generate beautifully formatted reports to document results
- Removal of all advertisements and popups
Do you have any comments or suggestions? We would love to hear them!